The DFST as center of excellence in food science and technology in the Visayas.
Enhancement of the general well-being of the beneficiaries of agriculture, fishery, and agro-industry in the Visayas through effective manpower development, technology generation, dissemination and application of appropriate food technology.
- Effective education in food science and technology.
- Appropriate knowledge and technologies relevant to food processing and utilization.
- Strong linkages with private industries and organizations for the commercialization of appropriate technologies generated.
- Public awareness and advocacy on relevant issues affecting food quality and safety.
- Dynamic cooperation with various units in the institution and with external organizations concerned with food science and technology.
- To be true and scientific Food Technology Students
- To support and pursue the goals of the LSU Organization of Food Technology Students who are self-reliant and self-sufficient.
- To abide by the rules and regulations of the College.
- To work harmoniously with other student organizations and help foster the objectives of the school for economic and social causes.